Make The Most Of What You Have




“If only I was born rich, I’d be able to do all the things I want.”
“If only I was older, people would respect me more.”
“If only I was younger, I’d be able to take more risks.”
“If only my family is normal, I’d fit in different groups.”
“If only I was more politically powerful, I’d change the world.”
“I’m poor. I’ll never be rich.”

All of us have heard of these similar statements over and over again from different people. And probably, you may be one of those people who is doing so. A lot of us call it “reality” or facts and some call it “excuses” but I prefer to call it “bullshit.”

Shit is way better because it can be used to fertilize the soil and help plans grow. But these statements are way below bullshit. Why? Because every time a person say something related to these statements, he resigns to a life less than the one he’s capable of living. For the sake of clarity, let us just call these statements “excuses.”p

Look at Manny Pacquiao. Is he the man he is today because he was born rich or had a famous family or had relatives who are politically influential? Dead no. Manny was in the worst situation you can imagine. He was born in a very poor family and grew up in an environment where he had to be constantly involved in fights in order to survive. Yet despite being surrounded on what most people consider as hell, Manny’s dream of becoming someone special. He took his chances and rode a ship going to Manila during his late teenage years. Conditions were not even good when he arrived there but he held into his dreams. The rest is history.

Almost all, if not all, Filipinos and a lot of people in the world admire and are inspired by Manny Pacquiao not only because he is considered to be the greatest boxer today but because of the journey he took to get there. The amazing thing about Manny is not that he came from a shithole but he managed to get out from there even if the odds are all stacked against him. He had a dream and he knew excuses won’t get him there. He made the most of what he had and became the person he is today. Indeed, great things come from small beginnings.

Whether you like it or not, opportunities come to you while you’re not in the perfect condition. The thing is you don’t need to be under perfect conditions to seize these opportunities. What you need do is to make use of what you have. Focus on what you have. Develop your core strengths.

Personally, I have never liked people who lack ambition. I just think it’s very sinful to go about life without developing your potentials to its maximum capability. You are meant to be great. That won’t happen if you’re too busy with your pity party.

Focus on you things you can influence and let the things you can’t control go. Ask yourself what you can do now in order to improve your condition. Every time you say the words “I can’t” you make something a fact.

“I can’t be rich.”
“I can’t be happy.”
“I can’t find true love.”
“I can’t live the life I want to live.”

This is a victim’s mentality. Instead of saying “I can’t” say “I choose not.” You don’t become a victim but you choose it by yourself. For goodness sake, take responsibility. A lot of us are afraid of taking responsibility because that can also mean that “I have been irresponsible.” But at the same time, taking responsibility gives you immense power and the realization that you can shape your life.

What I about to tell you is going to be hard but I believe you deserve to know it:
I doesn’t matter what you’ve been through in the past. It doesn’t matter who your parents are and what people have done to you. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor. It doesn’t matter what people say and think about you. Because you know what matters? What matters is what you’re going to do about it. What matter are the decisions and actions you’re going to take from now and then on. A lot of people can’t handle this truth. But the question is, can you?

If you come to accept that you are responsible of your life, you’ve made a big step which most people are afraid to make. They’d rather live life of fear and settle for less than take calculated risks and live the life they want to live. I’m not going to guarantee that the going is going to be tough because, surely, you’re going to face a lot of challenges and obstacles as you assert your right to live and become who you are meant to. It’s going to hard and most people can’t handle it but I can guarantee you that it’s all going to be worth it.

Take responsibility. Make the most of what you have. Live the life you want to live without regrets.


1 comment:

  1. What's up, always i used to check website posts here early in the morning, since i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.
    Also visit my homepage - Technomate

    ReplyDelete

Share This Website And Inspire